"Dear Dad, Love Maria"

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fran Krause Visits

Fran Krause, NYC independent animator, came and gave a lecture at my school. I really like going to these things, I wish we could have more. Just having these people who know so much more than you there just makes you want to talk to them and pick their brain. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about employment in the animation industry and he gave a lot of good advice. I really am disappointed I wasn't able to show him my current animatic for Dear Dad, Love Maria because of my 4 PM class, but I think I'm going to email it to him when I finally do the clarification work that I need to do.

For those who don't know who Fran is, he has created a number of cartoons with his brother Wil that have gone around to different festivals, including one of my favorites from Ottawa The Upstate Four. It's a pilot he made for Cartoon Network. Here's another fantastic pilot he made for Cartoon Network, Utica Cartoon:



Doing a post like this has made me decide to post an influences blog. I'll work on a list and then put it up in a few days.

No comments: